Workin' on my thesis

by - February 07, 2014

              This is the time of the year when I have a shitload things to do that I don't know what to put first anymore, it's crazy! Work and study (plus lovelife..joke hehe!) is so hard to concur but still I know I can do this and I have to f*ckng do this, no time for negative thoughts for now and I know it will all be worth it.

            Okay, enough of the intros, I'm here to talk about my thesis in progress. It's all about fear, knowing your unconscious fears, childhood fears, conquering your fears, etc. We all have fears and it's normal, I believe without having fears, people will not live a normal life. Do you guys agree with that? hmmm.. Without fear, a man can kill whenever he wants, we'd be jumping off a high building, we can do whatever we want but we won't survive for long with that. I think having fears is not innate to all of us and there are studies in the past that fear is created in all aspects, that includes our environment, culture, childhood experiences.

          Talking about creating fear, there is the famous psychology experiment called "The Little Albert Experiment" conducted by behaviorist John B. Watson and his student, Rosalie Raynor. The experiment features a baby which they experimented with classical conditioning, although it is one of the famous experiments in the history of psychology, the experiment is criticized in several reasons. First, the process and design is not carefully constructed because Watson and Raynor only rely on their own opinions and secondly, it is just unethical.


via tumblr.com
      Fears are also studied before in the course of human evolution which says that people who feared the right things survived to pass on their genes. The trait of fear and the response to all the dangers around as is truly beneficial to our race. However, there are several cases that fear can be a hindrance to someones life. It is when fear became extreme that it affect one's daily activities and in this cases, one should consult professional help. But then, it is also very important to know and learn how to overcome your own fears in able to live a normal and happy life.


           I've come up to a simple survey questionnaires (refer to the link below) for my research and it covers questions related on what are the possible causes, effects and ways how to overcome fears. If you have something to share about this topic, please let me know. It will be very much appreciated. :-)
Survey.pdf

Thank you for reading.

Fear is nothing more than an obstacle that stands in the way of progress. In overcoming our fears we can move forward stronger and wiser within ourselves. 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hi! I can totally relate to this. Thesis was a pain in the arse for me! I wish you all the best for your thesis though. Remember that at one point, it'll be done. See yah! You could follow me thru GFC :)) that's like in the lower left section of my blog. :) Thanks for dropping by. I appreciate it.

    Shikimikie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going take my thesis next year! really a bit afraid though.. nice post!

    ReplyDelete

I’d love to hear what you think!